February 21, 2011

Meal Planning


I have gone back and forth about posting what meals we make from my grocery trips, because our family is so inconsistent with meals. We are HUGE leftover fans, so whenever we make a meal, it takes us about 3 or 4 days to finish that meal off. I think it's because we have two toddlers who eat like birds, so that leaves the real eating to my husband and I.

I recently went to a meeting with the Mothers and More group that I'm involved in, and the topic was Meal Planning. It seemed like a great deal of the moms there did not have meals planned out beforehand. Which made me feel better, because I'm that way too. I'm trying to get better though. So here's what I've come up with for this week's menu:

Breakfast:
French Toast
Scrambled Eggs and Toast
Omelets
Cereal
Cereal
And More Cereal!

Lunch:
Usually leftovers from the night before dinner
Fish Sticks
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Canned Soup

Dinner:
Pizza Rounds
Chili
Tacos
Baked Potatoes
Chicken Salad
Spicy Cajun Chicken

We usually eat out once or twice a week, depending on if we're running errands or what-not.

I read once on someone's blog that they try to stick with a general theme each week, instead of beating yourself up about having to think of specific meals. Her idea was to simplify the meals to:

Soup and Salad
Pasta Meal
Chicken Meal
Beef Meal
Vegetarian Meal
Mexican Dish
Pizza

A couple of websites/blogs that I've found helpful or interesting when it comes to meal planning are:





2 comments:

  1. thanks for doing this! i have such a hard time figuring out how to make the grocery deals/ coupons work with what i want to make for meals so i'm really trying hard to make that work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get there, don't worry. Have you started using coupons more than before?

    ReplyDelete