February 26, 2011

Garage Sale Finds - $7!


I headed out this morning to a garage sale at our church. There were a ton of people there, and I talked with Susan, a lady from our church who was a part of the sale, said that there were people lined up for 40 minutes before the doors opened. You can tell that people are itching to start garage 'sailing' again!

Earlier this week, I was talking with a mom at the library and she said that she likes to spray her daughters boots and shoes with rain repellent...because she knows that if her daughter sees a puddle, there's no stopping here. I feel the same way with my boys, and so I debated on getting some this week from the store. I'm glad I waited, because I found a full bottle at the sale for only $0.50!
I found a set of cloth napkins, a cute ream of paper for the boys to color on, and later to be used to print coupons on. I also found reusable cupcake liners! I've recently run out of paper ones, so I'm excited to try these to see if they really work. If they do, that means less waste on our end!

I also got 2 cartridges of ink for $5! Thanks, Susan! These usually retail for about $10 a piece!

Overall, I felt like I had found some really great green items to help reduce our waste. Total I spent only $7! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment