February 23, 2011

I Love to Reuse!



I thought that today I would show you some of the things that are in our kitchen, specifically some of the drawers in our kitchen. To let some of you know, I love to reuse things, especially things that I can use on a day-to-day basis. We have so many drawers in our kitchen that half the time I don't even know what to do with them. So I fill them with things that I don't want to throw out, but at the same time, don't know what to do with them. Here are a couple of examples:


I save the lids to our peanut butter jars, to put the boys' syrup in for breakfast. It holds just the right amount of syrup for their little meals.


I save the lids to the bouillon cubes. These also are perfect size for the boys.

I also save the containers that their applesauce comes in. These are great for their veggies at mealtime.


I save the containers that their yogurt comes in. We will be using these for our vegetable plants, come the end of February. We'll just drill holes in the bottom and we'll be all set! Very excited about this project!


We also reuse our Ziploc bags. Yes, I wash them and we use them until the holes start appearing. It's not that much extra work, and we don't buy Ziploc bags near as often as we used to. And I've picked up a little trick in the blogging world...when our dishwasher is empty, I just put the Ziploc bags in there to dry! Brilliant! The only reason we have a toilet paper roll in the dishwasher is because Pudge decided to throw that roll in the bath, so it was drying out!

Do you have anything that you like to save and reuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment