November 8, 2009

Find the Time


Today I wanted to spend a little extra time with my husband who has been working extra hard on yard work all weekend.  He cut the grass, while at the same time, mulching the massive amounts of leaves outside, while bagging them all up and putting them by the curb for a free pick-up.  (wow, that was a mouthful!)  Needless to say, he's been a huge help this weekend and I wanted to do something special for him.

After I put the kiddos down for a nap, I thought to myself, what better time to have a "date" with my husband than while they were napping?  I decided that since my husband was still at church, I could cook up a nice lunch and put together a nice table arrangement.  The more I thought about it, the less time I had.  So I quickly threw some leftovers in the oven and set to work on putting the table arrangement together.  

It all worked out in time, and we had a great meal of leftovers and sparkling grape juice! I was surprised at how relaxing a lunch together in our home turned out!  I just needed to let go of the little details and enjoy the person that I love to be around.  And I could tell that he appreciated the thought just as much as the meal.  

So take some time out of your busy schedule to enjoy the people around you that mean the most.  Even if  it is eating leftovers and sipping grape juice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment