Today I had the urge to use some of my leftover curtain material to use on the bar stools in our kitchen. The material on those bar stools have gotten so gross because of our kids. I'm serious, check them out here:
I know, they're so gross! So we're having extended family stay with us this weekend, and what better time to be motivated to fix up the house. Like I said earlier, I've been wanting to do this for a long time, so I've just let the kids be kids at the dinner table or whenever we're eating.
I've heard that it's pretty simple to re-upholster chairs, so I've always kept that in the back of my mind. Today I actually flipped over those chairs and saw that there were only 4 screws to undo. Pretty simple! As I was looking over the chairs I noticed how much gunk and crusted over milk was on the underside of the chairs. So away I went to find my baby wipes and give those chairs a good "wash down" (as Zechariah and Thomas the Tank Engine would say!).
It turns out that the whole project would've taken me 1 hour or less to finish re-upholstering 4 bar stool chairs! Wow! The only thing that is hindering me at the moment is my staple gun seems to be jammed. So I'm going to see if my hubbie can take care of that when he gets home from work. Other than that - I am SUPER pleased at the outcome of my 1 hour DIY project for today!