November 24, 2009

New Salvation Army Store


If you haven't heard already, there is a new Salvation Army store in town!  Yup, my husband discovered it a couple weeks ago when he went to the laundromat for me.  It is located at 109 W. John St. here in Champaign.  So, today was the first time that I actually went inside.  I was surprised at how organized and clean the store was!!  I asked an employee where they got all their nice shelving and racks, and they said that they got them from the Steve & Barry's store that went out of business awhile back.  I was just really impressed with the whole setup of the store.  And of course, if you know me well, you know that I can't just walk into a thrift store without finding something.  Here's what I ended up with:

VTech Thomas the Tank Engine Laptop: $4.50 (retails for $18.00) (Christmas gift!!)
Wooden Frame: $0.50 (Christmas gift!!)
Photo Album: $0.75
Mini Christmas Lights: $2.50 (and they all work!!)

I have to say for $8.50, that's a steal!  So if you're in the neighborhood, I highly recommend that you stop by their store and support them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment