January 14, 2011

Learning to Read




I have found out that if you find an educational DVD that your kids will actually watch, stick with it! Our boys love Preschool Prep DVDs. We checked one out of our library once, and ever since then, they have learned so much about words!


Our boys are really catching onto learning their "sight" words, thanks to these dvds. They are only about a 1/2 hour long, and I think the boys get a kick out of the cute characters.

Here's my section of bragging as a parent. The other day I had Pudge with me in Walgreens, and we were in the Laundry aisle. He tugged on my arm and said, "Mommy, look, there's all!" He read the word off of the All Laundry detergent!!! I was floored! My 2 year old read a word to me!

I have to give all the credit to this Company, because I don't think I would have know when and where to start teaching my kids how to read.

Here's a video of the Pudge and I using the homemade flash cards (that I was determined not to pay for them Preschool Prep's website):





Isn't that great! I love my kids!

-----

Facebook readers: if you can't view the videos, just click here and it will direct you to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Kids have more ability than we give them credit for. Any you are correct, if you stick with something, they will truly benefit from it. I HEART MY NEPHEWS SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete