January 30, 2011

Grocery Shopping this Week = $57.19

Can you say, cereal this week?? It's a staple item in our home!

I was feeling under the weather earlier this week, so I asked my husband if he'd be willing to do some cooking. I picked up some "out of the ordinary" items at Meijer this week, which made my bill a little higher than usual. So I'll be taking that out of this coming week's budget.

Before I got sick, I made sure to snag that Honey Bunches of Oats and Ken's dressing deal at Schnucks.

Schnucks = $8.15 got back $5 Catalina


County Market = $6.08


Meijer = $42.86
We're going to try a couple of new meals this week. One is for a Thai dish that a Mothers & More mom recommended. Kinda excited to try a new recipe!

We have $40 a week budget for our groceries. Sometimes it's quite easy to stay in that area, while other times, I need to compromise the next week's budget with this week. Stay tuned to see if I can make that happen!


1 comment:

  1. oh no! i wonder if i made anyone sick by attending. i kind of regret going...

    good luck with your pad thai! if its good, post the recipe! -roseann

    ReplyDelete