August 20, 2009

Grocery Shopping this week

Today I was brave.  I took my two little boys (ages 1 1/2 and almost 3 year olds) grocery shopping with me.  It was nearing the end of the week and I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet...not that we really needed anything besides butter...but it's always fun for me to shop for deals. 

Off we went with a list in hand, coupon book under the arm, and a bag full of snacks to keep us company!

Our first stop was Target.  There were so many deals to be had this week, that 
I just couldn't pass it up.  Check out Moneysavingmom's blog for more Target deals.
I had recently also gotten a Target Coupon Booklet in the mail with lots of baby coupons, so I combined Target coupons with Manufacturer coupons, making the most of our money.


Total spent before coupons: $54.86  
Total after coupons: $27.97

Our next trip was to Aldi's to pick up some basic supplies that we had run out of this past week.


(I always have to have a supply of chocolate chips in our house)
Total spent: $18.71


Our next trip was to County Market:


At County Market I had a $5 off coupon from the Kraft Deal they have going on.  
Total spent before coupons: $13.36
Total after coupons: $8.36
(I plan on making my own yogurt buy using that one jar of plain yogurt.  We'll see how it turns out later this week!)


Our next stop was IGA:
The snack packs and the Rice Roni were all $0.88/each.  The Chef Boyarde was $0.99/can, and I had a $0.35 off coupon when you buy 3.  I also had a coupon for the Chewy bars, $0.50 each, and I had a buy 3 get 1 free peelie.  

Therefore making my total before coupons: $20.21
Total after coupons: $14.36

Total this week for grocery shopping was: $67.78
I know, I know, I didn't stick to my $40 grocery budget...I will be better next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment