January 4, 2010

Organizing Ideas for 2010

I have found that I love to read how to be more organized, especially reading Martha Stewart's ideas. I wanted to share with you some creative ideas on how to be a little bit more organized for the new year. My favorite is the metal mailbox organization idea. It would work great for us here because we are renting, and every once in awhile we still get mail for our landlords. More details here.


Another goal of mine for the new year is to have our kids books readily available to read whenever they'd like. And I think that we need a better way of organizing and presenting their books. We have them in baskets right now, and I think that they would be more likely to read if they saw the front cover. So, I guess now I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these plate displays at a Goodwill or Thrift Store. Here is a creative way of displaying them:



This last idea is brilliant! I've seen this idea a couple of times on Martha's website, but have never gotten around to it. You are supposed to flip your mattress at least 4 times a year, and I always forget when the last time it was that we flipped it. So, I think that I'll have to make time to put a label on our mattress.


No comments:

Post a Comment