January 13, 2010

Baking Wednesday

Today we had some very ripe bananas and since my family loves muffins, I decided to go that route with the ripe bananas. I used chopped pecans because I didn't have any other nuts that could go with them. They turned out delicious! For details on the recipe click here.

I also had it set in my mind that I wanted to try to make homemade granola. I had all the ingredients and even bought some chopped pecans for the occasion! And I have gotten 2 thumbs up from the family on this recipe. I think we'll mostly use it in our yogurt and cereal. Yum! I snagged this recipe from cooks.com.

HOMEMADE GRANOLA

4 c. quick oatmeal
1 1/2 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. sesame seed
1/2 c. sunflower seed (unsalted)
1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
5 tbsp. dry milk
1/3 c. safflower oil
1/3 c. honey
1/2 c. unsalted peanuts

Roast on cookie sheet at 250 degrees, stir every 15 minutes for about 1 hour. Add raisins, grapenuts, dried fruit, etc. after roasting.

Ing
redients I had on hand to make the granola:
Mixing it all together:

And the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment