December 9, 2009

Baking Wednesday


It was so cold and windy outside today that I thought it would be a good idea to put the boys to work and have them help me with some baking. We only had two recipes to make, but no worries, it took pretty much all morning. Sometimes I need to have extra patience when I'm baking with my little ones, because they can make twice as much of a mess and take twice as long. But I know that it is beneficial to both of them as it is to me, so I try to be as patient as possible.

Here is Silas (1 1/2 years old) trying to put the batter in the pans:

We started off with mashing the bananas that were almost completely black! Since bananas are such a good deal in the stores now, we had some getting black to make banana nut muffins. I also was out of eggs, so I found these recipes on the internet. They turned out quite yummy!


Our second recipe was for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. This recipe also didn't call for eggs, so we tried them as well. And yes, they were tasty as well!

If you're interested in the recipes, here are their links. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Eggless). Banana Nut Muffins (Eggless).

No comments:

Post a Comment