May 13, 2010

Super Power Muffins


A number of people have asked for the recipe I snagged from Money Saving Mom for Super Power Muffins, so I'm making sure that I post it here on my blog as well. These muffins are so delicious, that I don't feel guilty whenever my boys ask for seconds on these sweet things. They are made with some great super foods: whole wheat flour, bananas, applesauce, and peanut butter. So gather those browning bananas and get to work!

Super Power Muffins
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 - 1/2 c. peanut better
1 banana
(optional) 1/2 c. apple sauce or carrot puree
1 egg
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
(optional) 1/4 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients well and set aside. Blend everything else and then sift in dry ingredients. Spray muffin tray and bake for 15-18 minutes. Makes 12 large muffins.


3 comments:

  1. What I want to know is, where'd you get the 24-count muffin pan?! I have a 12-count pan and I keep some foil muffin pans on hand for days like today (making cupcakes for Katrina to take to school), but man, a 24-count pan would be nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is that Crystal got it for me for Christmas. I'm going to guess that she got it at Bed Bath and Beyond. It works great because it means less cooking time overall. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, are they regular-sized or mini-sized muffins? I'm going to look at BB&B soon - have a coupon, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete