May 1, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars

Thanks to my friend, Miriam, for this recipe. I've always wanted to try making my own granola bars, and I finally round up all the ingredients for the recipe. So here's how you make them...

Mix together in a small bowl:

1/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. hot water

Mix together in a large bowl:

2 1/2 c. oats
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. wheat germ (I didn't have this on hand, so I used ground up flax seed instead)
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1 c. raisins or chopped dried fruit
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. coconut

Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.

Lastly press into a 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown. Cut into bars while warm and allow to cool completely. Finally, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment