May 19, 2010

Grocery shopping this week = $39.02

Look at all those fresh fruits and veggies! Our first CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) pickup was yesterday!! My husband and I signed up to receive a half share of the crop through a local farm nearby. We also signed up to receive fresh eggs. I'm excited to see what recipes we'll use these ingredients for. For more information on the local farm named Tomahnous Farm, just click here.


I got to go grocery shopping by myself this week, while my husband watched the rowdy boys at home. It was a nice break! I decided to do the shopping a little earlier this week, because my husband will be gone with the car starting tomorrow till Saturday.

I also broke up the shopping with going to Meijer a little earlier in the week to pick up a couple cheap items (with coupons, of course!) So pictured below we got for $2.00:


It looked like a good week for meat at IGA this week, so we got quite a bit of meat that we don't usually splurge on. This will last us for quite a while, I'm sure. I also picked up a lot of veggies to help make meals with our CSA products. Pictured below was purchased for $18.49.

Pictured below are some items that I found on clearance at Schnucks. The Stir Fry and chips I paid full price for. Total spent here was $7.16.

I was mostly excited about County Market's deals this week. We've been running low on my favorite popcorn (O.R. Tender White popcorn) so after seeing a coupon in 5/16 inserts, and that it was on sale this week, that I needed to stock up on it! I got each box for $1.25. (Which is great because it's usually over $3!!

The Wacky Mac was $1 this week, and I had a couple coupons for $.50 off. The spices were totally free because they were a $1 and I had 5 $1 off coupons. The Mac and Cheese was free too, because I became their fan on Facebook. Total spent on the picture below was $11.37.


So total spent was $39.02. Which is great! How did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment