May 1, 2010

Homemade Granola


I also have been wanting to try another recipe for making our own granola. Since I was making granola bars, I thought I might as well just whip up a batch of homemade granola. Just a forewarning, this recipe makes ALOT!! There is a blog that I follow, Sutton Grace, who suggested trying her recipe. So here it is:

Mix together in large bowl:
10 c. old fashioned rolled oats
2 c. whole wheat flour
2 c. wheat germ (once again, I only had ground flaxseed, and it turned out fine)
2 c. coconut
1 1.2 - 2 c. chopped pecans and sliced almonds

Mix in small bowl:
4 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. water
2 c. honey
1 c. or less oil

Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl, add to the dry ingredients and combine well. Spread into shallow pans. Stir gently every 15 minutes while baking.

Bake at 250 degrees or until deep golden brown or almost dry. Will take approximately 2 hours. Remove and let cool. Store tightly covered (in your fridge if there's room).

No comments:

Post a Comment