February 26, 2010

No Impact Man

I currently checked out way too many books from our library on my time away this week. Thanks to my husband who took care of Pudge while Z-man was in school, so that I could have some time to myself. And yes, I'm a nerd, I go to the library on my time away.

Anyway, I ended up checking out 5 books from our library:
  1. Boys Should Be Boys by Meg Meeker
  2. Don't Miss Your Life! by Charlene Ann Baumbich
  3. Giving - The Sacred Art by Lauren Tyler Wright
  4. The Joy of Parenting by Lisa W. Coyne and Amy R. Murrell
  5. No Impact Man by Colin Beavan
I love to visit the new released section of our library, where more than one book always catches my eye. I wanted to talk a little about how much I'm enjoying book #5, No Impact Man. Particularly because my husband and I tried going without using our lights during the weeks leading up to Christmas time. So I feel like in some ways we've tried saving our planet in some small ways. It was so hard to go without that simple pleasure that this book is very engaging to me. Here is a little video to pull you in as well:


May we all be more conscious of what impact we are making on the Earth we are living on.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your comment about this at The Frugal Girl. I'm pretty sure this is the same No Impact Man that has a documentary film...Netflix has it but I don't know the name of it. Thought you might be interested in it.

    ReplyDelete