February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday for kids

Today I'm trying to find way to teach my kids about Ash Wednesday and the meaning to the Lenten season. I also need to remind myself that our kids are 3 and 2, and it might be a little difficult to teach them how to fast and what it means to give up food.

Here's my family before we had our second child:

And a year later:
So maybe we'll start small and say that we'll give up candy or something along that lines. I know for a fact that both my kids love fruit snacks, so maybe we'll go that route.

I also was to take on something new with both my kids, and I think that I've decided to make chore charts for both of them. It would be a good habit to start, and I need to remember that there are other bodies in the house that can help clean. I like the idea that Sutton Grace has on her blog about chores.

As I was researching how to teach your kids about Ash Wednesday, I stumbled upon this link where there are coloring pages that you can print out for your kids. Check that out here.

Do you have any ideas on how to teach your kids the meaning of Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment