September 17, 2010

Book I'm Reading

I just wanted to share with you all a book that I've been totally engrossed in the past couple of days. It's titled, Somewhere Inside, One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home, written by Laura Ling and Lisa Ling.

I first heard about this biography on Oprah. (I admit that every once a month, I actually get a chance to sit down and watch Oprah.) The day I turned it on, Oprah was interviewing these sisters and they mentioned that they had recently written a book on their experience.

So, as I always do when I hear there's a good book out there, I checked it out from our library.
It has totally been a great read, and I'm already halfway through the book. (I started it a week ago).

It's a story about Laura who becomes captured by North Korea, alongside her co-worker, Euna Lee. I'm not going to go into detail about the book, Amazon does it better than I would...you can read more in detail about the book here on Amazon.

I think that it hit home with me because I have 4 other sisters who would probably do the same for me if we were in their situation.

I'm not big into keeping up with then news, so most of you probably already knew about this story before me, but I just wanted to share with you how much I am enjoying reading this nonfiction book.

If you have time, and are looking for a good read, check it out.

Here is a link to the next book to come out from Euna Lee and her stories on her captivity in North Korea. http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/mFA0XM9BYO7N1



No comments:

Post a Comment