March 28, 2009

Spring Break




As some of you may have noticed, I haven't posted in awhile.  I forgot to let you all know that my family and I were headed out to Galena, IL for Spring Break.  My husband's uncle owns a home out there where family can stay and retreat.  So we took him up on the offer!  Here's a snapshot of the inside of the house.



Our vacation started out visiting with family in Chicago and also going to my cousin's wedding. It was fun visiting and being able to see where they live.  


We enjoyed walking the streets of Chicago.  
Experiencing Zechariah's first "train" ride on the "L".


Since Galena was only a half and hour away from Dubuque, IA, we went to the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium there and that was a hit with the boys! Here they are looking at the Otters through a window:


We also had a good time visiting all the cute shops in downtown Galena.  My favorite shop was the "Kandy Kitchen" and I think Zechariah enjoyed it just as much as I did.  My favorite memory was of him going from barrel to barrel picking one piece of candy out of each barrel and putting it in his bag.  Precious!  Jason thoroughly enjoyed the "Galena Canning Company" where they had free chips and pretzels out for you to dip into all kinds of salsas, jams, melted chocolates, etc.  Here's my husband with his HUGE jar of Raspberry Salsa. The man loves salsa!



So, that was our vacation in a nutshell.  We had a fun time, and are glad to be back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment