March 10, 2009

Having a Budget


As most of you know, we are a frugal family. We don't spend a lot of money on frivolous things and we love to find a good deal. So here I am with my new blog! I am excited to share with you some of our findings, whether it be a frugal finding, or a simple way we have found to share with others, or just something new that we have found through playing with our children. It will be fun to see where our adventures lead us!

My husband and I recently sat down together and planned out our budget. We have been putting it off for a long time. When we sat down it was relieving to know where our money was going and how we can do a better job at managing our money. So now my new task is grocery shopping each week on a $40 budget. So far so good! I've been at it for 3 weeks now and it's fun to see what sort of deals we can get and at the same time try new foods and stock our pantry. At first I didn't think that I could do it, but now it's become more of a game.

I'm guessing that you're thinking....WOW....$40 a week, that's crazy! Yes, I know! Before my husband and I sat down with our budget, I would go to the grocery store at least 3 times a week and just run in and get something. So now it's ONE trip to get groceries. There are 4 grocery stores all within a mile of each other, so I just look at their ads for the best deals, clip/print the coupons necessary to get a good deal and off I go!

The picture above is the findings that I found this week for groceries. All for $40!

1 comment: