July 25, 2010

Butterflies in my Garden!

While my sister, April, was here with me, we saw a couple beautiful butterflies visiting my newly made butterfly garden! Of course, my sister had a much better camera than I, so her pictures are the ones that I'm posting.

The first butterfly that came along was HUGE!! I later looked up what it was called, and it is an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. Isn't it beautiful? (and our grass looks so green here!)

The other butterfly that we saw was more of a black and blue one. This one is called a Red Spotted Purple Butterfly. I'm not sure why it's called that because there's not really any red on it.
Both of these butterflies were grazing on the butterfly bush that I got at a local nursery. So I think I'll have to take note of that and see when they go on sale.

I just wanted to share with you all the excitement I felt when I actually saw different butterflies in my butterfly garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment