June 26, 2010

Update on my garden

We have one roma tomato that is starting to turn red!! Hooray!!

These green pepper plants are doing so well in the part sun/part shade area we made for them. Lots of them have white flowers on them.


Here is a snapshot of a little cucumber, isn't it cute?

And I found another cucumber growing as well. If any of you love cucumbers, let me know. I have a feeling that we will have too many, considering we don't eat cucumbers very often.


These are our cherry tomatoes. Aren't they HUGE? We've had so much rain that they keep getting bigger before they are turning red. So we'll see if they taste the same if they're bigger.

Another side shot of our cherry tomato plants.


Here are our pumpkin plants that are taking over the back side of our shed. I had to trim them and help them grow back on our fence, because they were starting to over take our neighbors garden.

Close up of the zuchini's after I trimmed the leaves back a bit:


And a final view of what we get to see everyday...our little veggie garden!
Here's a couple pictures of our newly planted flower garden, in our backyard as well. The top right is "Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate" plant that my friend, Beth, gave to me as seeds. I feel very fortunate that they sprouted, because hers did not. So I'll be splitting that later to give some to her.

We also have Japanese lanterns, Tiger Lilies, Becky Coneflowers, Shasta Daisies (grown from seeds), Parsley, and Dill.


Here's a picture of my butterfly garden. Just planted this spring. I've seen only one butterfly so far.

These are my favorite day lilies by far! Aren't they gorgeous?


2 comments:

  1. You have a very nice garden. I'm sure you'll have tons of cucumbers - we have a whole fridge full of them right now, with more on the way! Do you like cucumber salad? Watch out with the Japanese lanterns. I planted mine a few years ago and now they are trying to take over - but they are really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever tried Cucumber salad. I might have to try it this summer. I will keep an eye on those lanterns! :)

    ReplyDelete