June 17, 2010

Grocery shopping this week = $41.63

Okay, okay, I know I went over my budget by $1.63, but I justify it by saying that in previous weeks I have been under budget, so we will take that $1.63 out of those weeks. I'm trying really hard to

Total spent at County Market = $1.37

If you're wondering how in the world I only spent $1.37 on all these name brand items, you can thank Kraft for sending me coupons for the three items in the lower half of the photo. I highly recommend following Money Saving Mom's blog to keep up on all the freebies!

I also used a store coupon for $3 off any 6 General Mills products purchased. So I bought 6 Hamburger Helpers for $0.99/each, then used the $3 store coupon, and combined that with (2) $0.75 off 3 coupons. Which totaled to $1.50 for 6 boxes. I think I also got overage for one of the other free items I got. This was the best trip to County Market ever!!

Total spent at Target = $8.95

The total I typed above for Target was only for the food items. I just wanted to show you what all I got at Target. The non-food items comes out of our "laundry" budget. So if you're curious I spent $15.96 on the non-food items.

Target had a really good deal on cereal. Kellogg's cereal was on sale for $1.99, and I had a bunch of cereal coupons from Coupons.com. The Eggos were on sale for $1.75, and I had (3) $1 off coupons. I really just looked off of Money Saving Mom's blog for the Target deals she posts.

Total spent at CVS = $3.50


I had some Extra Care Bucks that I used towards this purchase and also combined that with some coupons I had printed out from Coupons.com.

Total spent at IGA = $4.61


Lots of good cereal deals this week, can you tell? IGA had an in-store coupon if you bought 4 boxes of GM cereal, you would get $4 off. I combined that in-store coupon with some manufacturer coupons from coupons.com.

Total spent at Walmart = $23.20


Walmart had our favorite spaghetti/pizza sauce on sale this week for $0.88! I decided to stock up on that price! I also had a coupon for the refried beans and the tomato paste.

That's it for this week, how did you do?

1 comment: