June 20, 2009

Garage Sale Saturday

So my two little boys, husband, and I ventured out this morning at 8 am for some garage sailing!  My oldest was SO excited to go to garage sales, I think it's mostly cause he can play with other kids toys! Here's what we found after about 8 sales:



Total spent $8.25 for the above items.  The frames and mirror were all $1 each, and the lamp shade was also $1.  We also scored LOTS of tupperware for $1.  The brown lamp was $2!! I was excited to find that (and it came with an energy efficient light bulb!), I feel that we always could use more lighting in our home.  And the green little car cost $.25.  Everything else was in a free bin. 


Here's another find that my husband did not want me to get.  But I convinced him otherwise.  It is a cute little sofa chair and ottoman (on wheels) for $5!!!  I've always wanted to re-upholster a chair, and I think this is my opportunity.  I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine.  My goal is to have it done by our 4th of July party.  



I'll keep you posted on how the whole process is going.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment