May 28, 2009

Garage Sale Finds

On Thursdays I usually hunt for garage sales or whatever kind of sale is going on in our neighborhood.  I pick Thursday because most sales are on Friday and Saturday (some even on Thursday).  I look up sales on Craigslist.com and our local newspaper online.  

So I was excited to see that there was a HUGE sale at a local church down the street.  St. Matthew's church was having a pre-sale today from 5-8pm with a $2 admission.  The sale will continue through the weekend.  Here's what we found:



Nalgene Bottle = $.25 (what a steal!!)
Scrabble = $.50 (artwork for hubbie)
Hardback books =$.50/each
Stage 3 kids toothbrushes = $.50/each
Kids Sandals = $.50/each
Boys Clothing = $.25/each
Bumkins Bibs =$.25 for all three!! ($20 for 3 bibs online)

We also splurged and got the boys the pink stroller (see photo below) 
for $.50 because they love to push it around the house with their toys in it! 


So total we spent $10 on all of our items 
and then $4 on admission for the pre-sale.  
I think it was worth the trip.  

(I don't know why this last part is underlined???)



No comments:

Post a Comment