December 25, 2010

Christmas Thoughts.



This year doesn't really have the Christmas feel to it, I'm not sure why...maybe it's because Pudge has the stomach flu for the second year in a row!! Yup, he got it last Christmas as well. Even my dad remembered, and said, "you can only pull that excuse once!" It was funny coming from him.

So I was really bummed that we missed out on my family's Christmas get-together, especially since it was the first year that we weren't exchanging gifts. I wished I could have been there to just see what it would be like without all the stress of finding the right gift, and what the feeling would have been to just "hang out" with the family on Christmas Eve.

I got to spend some quality time with Pudge, since he was sick. We got to cuddle in my bed, while watching "Frosty" & "Charlie Brown" on our laptop. I will remember that from years to come.


But at the same time, it was probably good that we didn't drive an hour to my parents, because there was a lot of snowfall, and we probably would've ended up in a ditch somewhere. Our Hybrid is not meant to be driven in the snow.

Nothing makes me happier than to see snow falling! You can ask my family. Whenever is starts snowing, I just dance around the house and say "It's so pretty! Look at it snowing boys!" Last night, Christmas Eve, we got 4 inches of fresh snow. That's on top of the already 6 inches of snow we got earlier this month! It really helps us get in the Christmas spirit!


So today I'm thankful that Pudge is feeling better, and that we got to spend Christmas with my in-laws. It was great to be around family and to watch the boys get excited about presents. I will have to post pictures later to show how much fun it was.

Thanks for reading my thoughts, and it's nice to actually sit down and write some feelings down. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and got to remember what's really important this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment