August 13, 2010

Green Hour



I've checked out a new book from the library, and it's titled The Green Hour, A Daily Dose of Nature for Happier, Healthier, Smarter Kids. This book is written by Todd Christopher, creator of the National Wildlife Federation's, GreenHour.org.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this book, I just know that I should take my boys outside more often. It has been so terribly hot and humid out here in central Illinois, that it's so tempting to stay inside in the nice, cool air conditioning. But, alas, I know that my boys need to be out in nature, even if we are sweating by the time we get home.

So to share with you what we did today for our hot and humid green hour....we rode our bikes to a local pond! It was really great, because there were lots of trees to give us shade. And every once in awhile there was a breeze to cool us down.

I took some pictures to inspire you to get outside for an hour and spend some time with nature.








No comments:

Post a Comment